Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image

Hey, get back there

  • Thursday, June 19, 2008
  • Toya
  • I don't have a picture to go with this experience but I wish I did. Today after my husband left for a business trip my 5 year old wanted me to teach her to ride her bike without training wheels. No, this story doesn't end up with a trip to the ER. Yep, I'm surprised it doesn't either! Jasmine is more outgoing than Taylor. She is more willing to try this whole no training wheels thing. The handle is attached to the back to help me hold her up. We got started. Taylor and Jaden are watching us run up and down the empty street. Pretty soon I could tell we both needed a break from this. Taylor stood up and announced she wanted to try. Now you have to know Taylor to know this is a rare thing. She came over and got on Jasmine's bike. I went up and down the street a couple of times to build her confidence. One the third try I let go of the handle. She was going great. I decided to jog next to her and let her know how great she was doing all by her self. She looked over at me, slammed on her brakes and yelled, "Hey mommy get back there". I nearly hurt myself laughing. She didn't care that she was doing well by herself she just needed me to be behind her where I belong. By the end of the experience Taylor is riding 80% by herself and Jasmine is pouting. Tomorrow I will take pictures.

    0 comments:

    (c) Copyright 2010 Who am I?. Blogger template by Bloggermint