Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image

I'm Santa's Head Elf

  • Thursday, December 17, 2009
  • Toya
  • For the last 8 years I have put together the children's party for our rescue squad. I look forward to it all year. Swalker, Catie, and I head up to Roanoke for a day of shopping. My favorite thing is the look on the cashier's face when we walk up to her register with buggy full of toys and gift cards. It has become a tradition to guess the amount. A huge brunch is prepared the morning of the party by Ricky.

    The kids show up giddy with the excitement of seeing Santa. They get started on crafts and activities.

    Mrs. Claus always makes an appearance first to read a story. Twas the Night Before Christmas, of course...

    While she is reading, the kids hear the sounds of hoofs on the roof. As she gets to the end of the story a loud "Ho, Ho, Ho" comes from the hallway. The squeals of happiness are deafening. Santa walks in the room and some children run to him while others run away. The kids quickly get silent so they can hear from the big man. There is the occasional child who just can't help but ask Santa to be the first to get his gift. Santa is only too happy to grant the wish. Each child goes home with a special gift that was hand picked with their name on it. How does Santa know what they wanted? He really IS magic!






    It is a great time for family. My camera can't catch all of the smiles and happiness. It really is the best time of the year. I look forward to this day all year. The fact that I am dead tired at the end of the day doesn't matter at all when I have mental pictures of these faces.








    Thanks to Sarah for letting me steal 3 pictures from her smugmug account. She is my co-unofficial photographer.

    Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night!

    0 comments:

    (c) Copyright 2010 Who am I?. Blogger template by Bloggermint