Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image

Happy Birthday Hottie

  • Sunday, August 19, 2007
  • Toya
  • This was taken when we were at CHA
    Today is my honey's birthday. I am so jealous that he just gets better looking with each year. We celebrated the day by spending time at the park with our kids. It was great watching him race through the play ground playing hide and seek with them. Instead of wanting to spend the day doing something for him, he chose to spend the day making his kids happy. Now that is a great daddy. Of course I took pictures I scrap them next week.

    I only have 3 more days until I have a small amount of peace in my house. The girls are going to school. I will do a little dance with Jaden. He and I have a little time alone together before he goes to preschool. That is when the real celebration begins. I keep hearing the question what will I do? My answer has been whatever I want but I know that is not true. I will volunteer at the girls' school, volunteer at the rescue squad, and the store takes front burner. I still have to teach cpr classes. There are several rooms that need a coat of paint, etc... It will take me from now until spring break to organize this house. I almost look forward to the challenge because I can do it in peace. Oh wow, I can pee without little people outside the door. I vow to turn off the ringers and sit in silence for a full 5 minutes.

    Today marks sad memories for me and my little town. The town of Blacksburg Virginia has had a rough year. One year ago today a chain of horrible events started and we are still trying to stop them. When you work in EMS you become apart of a large family consisting of police, fire, and hospital staff. We lost 2 of our family members a year ago to a mad gunman who wanted to do nothing more than cause death. Derrick McFarland, security guard at Montgomery Regional Hospital, was shot to death by an escaping convict. This convict also took the life of Eric Sutphin, Sherriff's deputy. Having worked with both of these men hours before their deaths made it hard for me and my crew. With those memories still fresh in our hearts we had to deal with the April 16 massacre on Virginia Tech campus. So today our town unveiled the memorial for the 32 killed but 34 will live in our hearts forever.

    0 comments:

    (c) Copyright 2010 Who am I?. Blogger template by Bloggermint